WHAT ARE ALL-ON-4 DENTAL IMPLANTS?
While some clients may consider tooth loss embarrassing or anxiety-provoking, it is actually quite a normal occurrence, affecting around 35 million adults in the United States. Tooth loss in both the upper and lower mouth is most common in those who are aging, as the teeth and bones in the jaw both tend to deteriorate with the passage of time.
Advances in dental technology have produced an amazing solution to the problem of tooth loss. With the “all-on-4” implant system, just four implants can replace all the teeth in each half of the mouth. These implants can be far more comfortable and easy to manage than dentures and have become increasingly popular as a go-to solution.
HOW DO THE ALL-ON-4 IMPLANTS WORK?
Dental implants work by replacing the root of the tooth with a tiny screw, usually made of titanium, that sits in the jawbone. The implants feel and look just like regular teeth, and are inserted with a minimal surgical process. The implant is usually covered with a dental crown, which will help strengthen and protect the new artificial tooth.
The all-on-4 dental implant system saves you from having to have an implant performed on every single missing tooth. Instead, it requires just 4 implants for the top half of the jaw and 4 for the bottom half. The titanium used in the screws ends up fusing with the existing jawbone, become part of your anatomy. The all-on-4 system is extremely strong and durable and serves as a solid foundation for the future of your dental health.
ADVANTAGES OF ALL-ON-4 DENTAL IMPLANTS:
- A new set of fabulous looking teeth in a very short amount of time (typically one day)
- Eliminates multiple costly visits to the clinic
- Cuts down on the number of implants needed per arch (usually 6-8)
- Eliminates the need for bone grafting and sinus lifting
- No adhesives used
- Highly comfortable with no damage to gums
- Reduces the likelihood of bone atrophy
- More cost-effective than traditional implants
- Shorter downtime
- Highly proven success rate among former clients
- Cosmetically enhances your appearance
- Functionally enhances your ability to eat the foods you enjoy
- You can enjoy the temperature, textures, and tastes of your favorite foods
- Creates durability and stability in your smile
- Rids the mouth of vulnerability to dental diseases and infection
- Makes it easy to practice excellent dental hygiene
- Improves the facial features affected by tooth loss
WHO IS A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR ALL-ON-4 IMPLANTS?
All patients undergoing the dental implant procedure should be in good physical and mental health, with no major medical issues. Those who currently wear dentures, or will soon need dentures are ideal candidates for the simplified all-on-4 implant process.
WHAT IS THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TRADITIONAL IMPLANTS AND THE ALL-ON-4 SYSTEM?
Traditional implants require about 6-8 implants per arch, which can be quite time-consuming to apply, as well as costly. With the all-on-4, only 4 implants per arch are required.
With the all-on-4’s, the implants are placed at an angle. This allows the new teeth to rely on the natural bone support of the jaw. The bone grafting that is so common with traditional implants is absent from the all-on-4 process, saving the patient time, money and pain. In fact, the all-on-4 dental implants take only a few hours to apply per arch.
HOW DO I CLEAN THE ALL-ON-4 DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Your new teeth will require regular brushing and flossing just like natural teeth. Dr. Rahbar will give you a thorough set of aftercare instructions on caring for your all-on-4 implants after your procedure.